Currently: Professor at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) (1992…), member of the Catalan Association of Pèrits Judicials Tecnològics and member of the advisory council of ISMS Forum Spain (2013…). Founder and director of esCERT-UPC (1994…) (Spanish team for responding to network security incidents). Director of the master's degrees in Cybersecurity and Blochchain Management and the postgraduate course in computer forensics.
Previously: Institutional Relations Advisor (Stakeholder Relations Advisor) and deputy director of the Technical Competence Department of ENISA: European Information Security Agency (2011-2014). Scientific coordinator of the European chapter of APWG (APWG.EU) (2013-2017). Scientific Advisor for security projects at Barcelona Digital Technological Center (2008 - 2010). Founder and president of the Internet Applications Research Center (cAnet-UPC) (2004-2006).
He has been a full member of ESRIF (European Security Research and Innovation Forum) and ESRAB (2006-2009) to advise the European Commission on security research issues for R&D funding programs.
Founder of several spin-off companies:
- Safelayer Secure Communications, PKI software provider, European leader.
- InetSecur and tb-security, information security management and auditing.
- SeMarket, specialized in biometric and digital identity management services
- ReadyPeople, developer of applications for managing identity profiles in social networks and privacy aspects in geolocation services.
Coordinator of the participation of the UPC in R&D&i projects:
- Live-For: Training of security forces, judicial police, judges and prosecutors in the management of digital evidence and European investigation orders. Funded by DG-Justice of the European Commission.
- TRUESSEC.eu: definition of best practices to improve user confidence in digital applications and services and definition of a European trust seal. Funded by H2020 from the European Commission.
- ViVET: Development of a platform for professional and vocational training courses based on videos. Funded by Erasmus +
- C-Roads, implementation of confidentiality and integrity protocols in communications between vehicles and between vehicles and the road infrastructure. Funded by DG-Transport of the EC.
And he also contributed to the adoption of new technologies and cybersecurity policies by the Society in general, through these activities:
- Member of ESRAB and ESRIF from 2005 to 2009, to develop the EU R&D&i strategy in all Security matters.
- Founder of Consorcio Digital, a non-profit association to promote the use of electronic invoicing in Spain.
- Co-director of the technical report "EESSI (Electronic Signature Electronic Standardization Initiative)", a document issued by the ISIS program, through CEN.
- Member of the CEN EESSI (European Initiative for the Standardization of Electronic Signatures)
- Co-editor of ETW-066 e-Commerce Technical report of the CEN EWOS Workshop on Open Syst.
- Participated in the production of various ISO standards (EDIFACT, directory service (DNS), etc.)