This area encompasses:
- Management of new mobility concepts: vehicle sharing, transport on demand, connected vehicle, autonomous vehicle, etc.
- Advanced processing of traffic and mobility data: collection, filtering and merging. Use of ICT data to improve traffic simulation models.
- Data-driven models based on artificial intelligence and machine learning methods for the prediction of traffic variables (travel time or speeds at urban and interurban level), parking availability, vehicle occupation, etc.
- Vehicle fleet management using real-time routing algorithms.
- Evaluation (by simulation) of air quality by different proposals to improve mobility.
- Micro, meso and macroscopic traffic simulation.
- Expert advice / consultancy on issues related to intelligent mobility, intelligent traffic management and public transportation systems
- Simulation and visualization of current and future scenarios with new concepts of vehicles and mobility implemented on an urban scale in realistic scenarios
- Advanced analysis of traffic and mobility data
- Algorithms for filtering, completing and spreading data
- Application of machine learning techniques to predict the state of traffic, parking availability or transport fleets occupation
- Prediction of air quality based on emissions generated by transportation
- Calibration of traffic simulation models with next generation data
- Applications and services to support mobility and intelligent traffic management
- Design and development of dynamic routing and fleet management algorithms
- Design of the optimal location of sensors, charging points, vehicle sharing service stations and other infrastructures in the city
- Analysis and improvement of intermodal and transport processes.